Saturday, January 22, 2005

While We Wait

Faithful Father, this prayer is for a little lady--an orphaned lady-in-waiting. Lay her in the arms of a safe, loving family. Here we are. Send us! We long to make the orphan’s heart sing for joy!

Hear us as we call on you. Even though we are undeserving, we make our case before you. We will love this child as you have loved us. This will not be us rescuing a child, but you bringing a lost sheep into the fold. We will rejoice as the waters of baptism ingraft her into Christ. My church will take her as their covenant child. My daughter will love her with sisterly affection. My sons will protect and defend her. My wife and I will humbly seek your help in raising her into a godly young lady.

Hear our heart’s petition, O Lord. Will this be the day?

Amen.

2 comments:

Tim said...

Thank you all for praying.

It's 4 pm here and still no news. "This killin' time is killin' me..."

Valerie (Kyriosity) said...

I will pray also that y'all find a way not to drive yourselves crazy every time there's a hopeful possibility. Just don't ask me to find that way, 'cuz I'm sure I'd be doing the emotional roller coaster thing, too!