Monday, March 22, 2004

Maledictory Monday

Jesus' maledictions often worry me when I reflect on discipling my family.

Are we going to great lengths ("crossing sea and land") to homeschool our children, only to make them twice as much children of hell as they would otherwise be? Am I tying-up heavy burdens, hard to bear, and laying them on my wife's shoulders without lifting a finger to help? What if, having driven one unclean spirit from my house, seven others enter in and dwell here?

These are fears of the future. When the seeds that I'm planting now sprout, what will they be? Thorns & Thistles!?!

How I need the gospel! God is proactively out for my good. His promises are for me and my children, "the steadfast love of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting on those who fear him, and his righteousness to children's children!. (Ps 103:17)

Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits!" (Ps 103:2)

No comments: