Sunday, February 22, 2004

Seed Sown Along the Path

During our unit's PT (Physical Training) session this week I talked to a lieutenant about Jesus as we ran the mile and a half. I'm thankful for the opportunity to exalt Jesus to those who know me but not Him, and for the ease with which this conversation began. But I wimped out and omitted an essential part of the message: the external call to repent and believe. This omission reduced the call and it became instead just my personal testimony.

As an attempt to improve in this area, I re-familiarized myself with the external calls given in the Gospels and Acts. I guess it has been awhile; this was my first time reading these texts and appreciating that the call to repent and believe is not a one-time "conversion" thing; but something to be done continually.

No comments: