Sunday, February 22, 2004

Books Read in 2003

The Misery of Job and the Mercy of God; Piper
Pilgrim's Progress; Bunyan
Little Women; Alcott
Federal Husband; Wilson
Stepping Heavenward; Prentiss
The Gospel for Real Life; Bridges
Future Men; Wilson
In Freedom's Cause; Henty
A Scientific Theology; McGrath (unfinished)
The Defense of the Faith; Van Til (unfinished)
God's Passion for His Glory; Piper/Edwards
Never Too Early; Claggett
King Lear; Shakespeare
Back to Basics; Hagopian (ed.)
Cantebury Tales; Chaucer
Reforming Marriage; Wilson
The Wonderful Wizard of Oz; Baum
Productive Christians in an Age of Guilt-Manipulators; Chilton
The Hundred Days; O'Brian
(plus some Air Command and Staff College readings)

The books I list as unfinished were fine, and I learned some good points out of them. I'm just not ready for them yet. But they did stretch me, which is good. The favorite for the year (and my wife's, too) was Stepping Heavenward. But only because I've read Pilgrim's Progress before.

No comments: