Friday, February 06, 2004

Covenant Community vs. American Dream

I spent the day as part of a panel interviewing people for promotion. In-between interviews we chatted about the fun of traveling. One lady on the panel was representative of the women that I work with. She was vocal about her trust in the Lord. She was professional in appearance and demeanor. She began working when her children hit school-age and looks forward to world-travel once the children are out of the house. Cruises, RVs, exotic vacations will fill-up her future.

I'm convinced churches that lack an understanding of the Covenant Community will find their members living out the American dream instead of Titus 2. We need to consider our responsibilities to the other families in the church and not just take off once our professional career ends.

I, too, look forward to enjoying the adventures of world travel. But I'll hold-off until the New Earth; that'll be worth seeing!

No comments: