Sunday, March 04, 2007

Evangelizing next-door neighbors

I was given an opportunity just a few minutes ago to proclaim the gospel to my next-door neighbor. We have known each other for a few years but have never been close. I find it harder to evangelize people that live close to me (e.g. family, neighbors, co-workers) because of the consequences that sharing the gospel can bring to relationships that you have to live with after you share the gospel.

Admittedly, I was reluctant in turning the conversation with my neighbor back to the gospel again this afternoon. I was able to say more today than I have ever said to him, touching on the holiness of God, my sin, the perfect sacrifice of Christ, and how that changed my life.

His response was essentially "I will stay how I was raised." He mentioned that other faiths have tried to convert him, but he finds it best to stay with the views of his parents.

I feel that our conversation was pretty natural and that it may continue in the future. I will pray for what to say and boldness to say it.

No comments: