Friday, November 23, 2007

It's beginning to look alot like Christmas


The snow on the ground brings to mind a question for you. What's your favorite Christmas CD? Each year we buy a new Christmas album to enjoy in December. I haven't purchased one yet, but I'm leaning towards a collection of carols played on hammered dulcimer sold by Ligonier.

To answer my own question, in hopes you may be interested, I look forward to this time each year when I dust off my copy of Georg Friedrich Handel’s famous work Messiah performed by St Martin-in-the-Fields. With the words in hand and the headphones on I'll awaken my soul in the morning before the others are awake.

On a lighter note, our family has enjoyed Sovereign Grace's Christmas album from last year so much that we've listened to it year round. I recommend it.


So back to my original question, what's your favorite Christmas album? I need to select this year's soon.

4 comments:

boqpod said...

Great question! More difficult to answer. There are favorite songs, favorite versions of songs, favorites while decorating, favorites for all day listening, favorite nostalgia, favorite worship, favorites while staring at tree lights in the dark....I'll get back (but look forward to other's input)...

Anonymous said...

It is hard to pick. I could ask the "if you were stranded on a desert isle and only could take one Christmas CD..." question, but that sounds pretty far-fetched doesn't it? (I wouldn't mind being left alone on a dessert isle, but that's another matter.) So I wait for the boqpod repertoire with visions of sugarplums...

boqpod said...

You inspired me!

I posted my long-winded 2-cents at my blog titled "Total Advent"

Sorry but you asked for it :)

Valerie (Kyriosity) said...

I'm very fond of Kathy Mattea's "Good News."