Sunday, November 18, 2007

"Indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful." (Col 3:15)




Tonight I realized in the clearest terms what is meant by the body of Christ. Some recent examples will help explain what I have come to appreciate so much about God's calling us into one body. In the row in front of us during worship this morning parts of three families sat intermingled to help the little children learn to sit through the service. A retired couple spend time tutoring and loving my oldest child several times every week--they have become his surrogate grandparents. The photos of the kids building birdhouses are from this weekend when a really great couple in our church showed how they love us and our children.

How beautiful is the body of Christ. I am thankful.

1 comment:

Edie Guess said...

We have something very special in our church and it should be present in EVERY church where CHRIST is the focus! It is UNITY! I am so glad that you guys are a part of our body!