Tuesday, May 09, 2006

A Reminder to Myself

Now that I'm teaching adult Sunday School again, besides having less time for the blog, I'm reminded again of the extra temptations that accompany teaching. The following quote is heavy on my mind lately,

Luther said, "The ministers of the Gospel should be men who are not too easily affected by praise or criticism, but simply speak of the benefit and the glory of Christ and seek the salvation of souls...you will not flatter yourself on the one hand and on the other hand you will not resign from the ministry when you are insulted, reproached, or persecuted."

I fall very short of this qualification for a minister, and so constant reminders are necessary.

1 comment:

Gary Wood said...

I could do neither. I lived in a dry place for fifteen years untill last year. The Good Shepherd came and got His lost sheep. I'm closer to Christ than I have ever been. It is all Him!