Thursday, May 18, 2006

Bunny Tales

Back in December my car wouldn't start. I popped the hood and a large rabbit leapt out at me and scampered off. The varmit had a taste for my plug wires, the remains of which are shown below.



I had the car towed to the shop; the service department entered my car into their database with this discrepancy, "Evil Bunny Ate Wires."

This morning Eli took our dog out of the room she sleeps in at night and put her outback. As he was doing his chores back there he noticed that Glory darted off after a rabbit and then suddenly froze in place. Here is what Eli saw.



Apparently the rabbit was running at full speed when he tried to escape through the crevice between our house and the wall around our backyard. He died on impact. I came home at lunch, pried him out, and disposed of him. Could this be divine retribution? Was this the same rabbit that disabled my car? I like to think so.

2 comments:

Hausfrau said...

I'm thinking I'm a little sick to think that this is ... well ... very funny. Poor thing.

Not even two weeks ago we had to take our van in because it kept dying on us. When we picked it up the bill included "dead cat extraction." Sad thing is, it must have been in there for awhile because for the life of me I can't recall any cats gone missing as of late.

Anonymous said...

That gives a whole new meaning to "Getting your butt in a crack"!