Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Proclaiming Without Living

I'm finally getting to Ken Myers letter (from Mars Hill Audio) that he sent out sometime in May. Assertions, like this one, hit hard:

I believe that Christians make a great mistake if they separate proclamation, that is, the announcing of the basic truths of the Gospel, from faithfulness, that is, the living out of all of the consequences of the Gospel.


The rest of his letter is powerful, too, but the quote above resonates most strongly with me at this time. In the past I have prayed, sought out, and took opportunities to proclaim the Gospel to those around me. But admittedly, my life lacked some basic consequences of the Gospel, such as, love for my neighbors, mercy, compassion, service.

It's my heart's desire here to both proclaim the Gospel while also consistently, clearly living out the claims of the Gospel.

No comments: