Thursday, April 22, 2004

Stranger in a Strange Land

It's no surprise that we swim against the tide of pop culture. We are the "called out" ones. However, it is startling to look up from your swim-lane and find you're on a dramatically different course than most of the church around you.

Let's face it, just affirming covenant baptism and rejecting Left Behind puts you in a statistically-insignificant group. Then throw in worship convictions, education convictions, etc. That's one more reason why I like blogs--they help connect me to others in some meaningful way.

Although the path of sanctification has taken some surprising turns over the last year, I feel good about it. In my less-reformed past the teaching was milky, so much so it was easy to become somewhat of an expert milkman. Now I see so much to be learned I don't feel qualified to teach on much at all. Before, my leisure time largely mirrored the world's; now much richer things captivate me. Before, the gospel seemed like the ABCs; now it's the A-Z.

No comments: