Saturday, April 17, 2004

Mrs. Wrestling Mat Goes to the Laundry Mat
By Kristin, earlier this week

Of all the things to do today I dreaded having to do laundry! Did I forget to mention that the man came to repair the washer on Monday and ended up taking it back to the shop with him? Worse than he thought--Thursday is the projected date of return. I drove by a run down laundry mat on the way to library story hour and cringed. UGH! No way did I want to do that!

At the library, Hope, my new friend that homeschools and has kids in gymnastics class with us at the YMCA, mentioned that she saw a new laundry mat by Hwy 96 when I was bemoaning that I didn't want to, but after 5 days, I had to do laundry.

You would have thought it was CHUCK E CHEESE or something. All 3 of the kiddos had a blast. The laundry place was nice, clean, and....fun. It had regular washers, washers for double loads, and giant washers for doing a triple sized load!

We did a double load of whites and a (OH BOY!) triple load of darks. The kids had a blast loading the washers with clothes and then QUARTERs! Eli did not want to leave to get lunch! But I loaded the kids back into the car, went through the golden arches drive thru, returned to finish watching the clothes spin (Isaiah reported if there were bubbles or just water), and urged the kids to please eat their lunch so we could go home. Then I buckled the younger two in the van and had Eli be my door holder. He asked if we could come back again. I said hopefully not as the washer will be back on Thursday. Both he and Grace said they thought their clothes would really need washing as they really wanted to come back.

No comments: