Thursday, July 31, 2003

Physical Training

After 10 years of stationary bike testing, the Air Force has decided to return to a timed run, push-ups, and sit-ups as its measure of fitness. I support the decision, but will be negatively impacted. Ninety minutes every week on the stationary bike gives me a great opportunity to read WORLD magazine and keep my eargate active with Basement tapes, MARS HILLs, Piper sermons, etc.

I think reading while running is probably as dangerous as drinking and driving. And if I get above a trot, my antiquated CD player skips more than my 3-year old daughter.

To be truthful, reading and listening are my motivations for working out. Guess I'll pull-out the old portable tape player. I wish there were a better selection of Christian books on tape or MP-3.

No comments: