Friday, July 18, 2003

Blood on My Head

As I read through Acts, it's obvious that Paul shares the prophet Ezekiel's burden (see Ez 33:4-6) to be guiltless of other's condemnation by declaring God's word to them. In Acts 20:26 notice that if Paul even hesitates to proclaim the whole will of God, or as the ESV states "anything that is profitable", then the people's blood will be upon his head when he stands before God.

On one hand, there is reason enough to evangelize since Jesus is worthy of the full reward of His suffering and the honor due His name; but I must also consider the other motives for spreading His name. First, He commands it of me. Second, Paul shows that the office of watchman didn't end with Ezekiel. It is required of me to declare whatever is profitable to others lest their blood be upon my head.

No comments: