Saturday, August 26, 2006

707 to Mt Pisgah

I've been thinking today about 2 Cor 5:7, "walk by faith and not by sight." Too often, I'm afraid we're better described by "out of sight, out of mind." Since we don't see God, the Church Triumphant, Heaven, or Hell, we live as if they're not there at all.

Until faith turns to sight, I combat unbelief by surrounding myself with tangible things that remind me of that invisible world around me. This week Hymn #707 in the Trinity Hymnal has been a great source of encouragement; it's Henry Lyte's "Jesus, I My Cross Have Taken."

To get that Mt. Pisgah experience in preparation for the Lord's Day, enjoy this.

Think what Spirit dwells within thee,
what a Father's smile is thine,
what a Savior died to win thee:
child of heav'n shouldst thou repine?

Hasten on from grace to glory,
armed by faith and winged by prayer;
heav'n's eternal day's before thee,
God's own hand shall guide thee there.

Soon shall close thy earthly mission,
swift shall pass thy pilgrim days;
hope shall change to glad fruition,
faith to sight, and prayer to praise.

No comments: