Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Working for the weekend

We're back home. Our mountain vacation gave me plenty of extra time (while the family was sleeping) to finish two messages I'll give this weekend at our church's men's retreat.

I've profited greatly from Christian biographies over the years and will now get to share this gift by presenting a message on the life of reformed missionary John G. Paton (leaning heavily on John Piper's message from a few years ago).

My second message was more difficult to prepare, but I finally found a title that I like: "The Role of Islam in the Providence of God." I'll get to use my master's degree research again, but the message has been updated significantly since last year thanks to some new sources that have come to my attention.

Should be a great weekend! And before that I get to see some old friends in Texas!

No comments: