Saturday, April 22, 2006

Lead On

"Make me know the way I should go. Let your good Spirit lead me on level ground!" (Psalm 143: 8b, 10b)

What a refreshing passage of Scripture! Many in our day have overemphasized the leading of the Spirit by expecting direct direction from Him for everything they do. As is my tendency, I over-react to others' errors and miss the comforting fact that God the Holy Spirit does guide his pilgrim's through this barren land.

The verse is worded in a way that teaches us to submit to the outworkings of God's sovereign will. David knows God will lead Him in the way he should go--that is not his request. His prayer is that he would continue to believe that -- despite the difficult circumstances -- and come to understand and agree with where God is taking him in this life. David also seeks relief from his persecutors, fleeing to God as his only true refuge.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tim, your words that point so clearly to God's Word are timely for a parched soul. Thank you. Lisa

Tim said...

Thank you Lisa; I'm glad to be of help.