Sunday, June 15, 2008

I once was blind, but now I see

"If you once considered Christianity boring, uninteresting, stupid, irrelevant, scary, and you didn't want anything to do with it...And then something happened. And now when you look at the Cross you just want to SING because there is so much wisdom, and so much love, and so much justice, and so much power because of what happened there. What happened in your life is that the eyes of your heart were opened. That's the vocabulary of the New Testament." John Piper, Fighting for Faith with God's Word


This bit of Piper's sermon struck me; I can remember clearly when Christianity was uninteresting and I just wanted to get away from it. And then something happened to me and in a moment there were desires in my heart that had never been there before. A desire for God. A desire to humble myself. A desire for worship. A desire for church.

I once was blind--Christ was uninteresting--but then he opened my eyes, revealed himself to me and I see, I see!

No comments: