Monday, May 24, 2004

Living in Ohio

Our move back North was a good one. We packed six weeks of provisions into the car and van; enough to last us until we move into a house in July. For the time being we've rented a furnished apartment.

I had doubts about my 13 year old car making one more cross-country drive. Over the last 10 years it's gone from Alabama to San Antonio. From there to New Jersey. Then over to Illinois. Next down to Georgia. But even loaded down with stuff, including our confused Border Collie and son it made it up the hills of Tennessee and across the fields of Kentucky. God is good. I did have to turn-off the air conditioner on steeper climbs to keep up speed. I also found that sunflower seeds are good for fighting off the "sleepies" during long stretches.

Regrettably, we said good-bye to our Georgia church family (and the wonderful worship); but there are some promising options here, too. Both Kristin and I are longing to get settled and plugged-in again. It's tough to always be starting-over.

Today was the first day at AFIT (Air Force Institute of Technology); I saw several familiar faces from previous assignments. It's fun to catch up.

I also finally finished Biblical Theology by Vos. I hope to post some thoughts on it in the near future.

No comments: