Wednesday, May 26, 2004

I'm no Doug Phillips

Doug Phillips has posted some great photos of a recent family trip cross-country. Looks like they had a lot more fun than we did! I didn't follow through with an early plan to stop along the way at state parks and maybe even hit a Roadfood restuarant.

Instead I reverted back to going after the land speed record. The worst part of the trip: lunch at a Burger King/gas-station along I-65 somewhere in Tennessee. There ought to be a law...fast food is bad enough already without the gas station atmosphere.

Some highlights from the trip: Kudos to the road engineers who laid out the approach into Cincinnati on I-75. The city is completely masked by some foothills until you round a bend in the road and then all of a sudden there it is in full view down in the valley just across the Ohio river.

I also greatly benefited from listening to the lectures on "America's Wars--a Biblical overview and evaluation" produced by Canon Press. I hope to bring up some of the points here in an elective course on Just War Theory. Thanks go to the BadgerMum for recommending them.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Hey, cool new blog, new comments, everything! I'm glad you enjoyed the tapes!

Tim said...

Thanks, Kelly. I'm still playing around with it.