Saturday, December 05, 2009

Isaiah's world

The older boys and I were treated to dinner out tonight by their grandfather. They were excited to go to Golden Corral. If you haven't been there in a while, they've changed to a new business model which seems to be working well for them--serve as much B-quality food to as many people at one time as you can.

While we were sitting at a table eating Isaiah was yammering on about all kinds of things. (His role in our family is to single-handedly get our daily word count up to the national family average.) But I do try to listen to him and when he said, "I've eaten at fancy restaurants before," that one got to me. Maybe we don't take this boy out enough.

1 comment:

Haley said...

Haha! It's OK. As one of five children in a family that did not eat out much, I distinctly remember thinking that Shoney's was the height of elegance when I was Isaiah's age.