Friday, July 10, 2009

Me, too

Many blogs in the Reformed corner of the blogosphere are expressing thanks to God today for John Calvin who was born 500 years ago this day. This is my "me, too" post.

Kristin and I have been using Calvin's writings for our daily devotionals this year, and today's reading was especially helpful. It dealt with "the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak" passage where we are encouraged to watch and pray. When I'm home with the kids all day it doesn't take long for me to find that my flesh is indeed weak, no matter how badly I want to set a godly example before them. Calvin's comments encouraged me to go to Christ who knows my weaknesses and promises to hear and help in time of need.

Calvin's writings are still accessible today and a source of rich insight and encouragement.

No comments: