Monday, July 04, 2005

In Your Anger, Do Not Sin

I'm not known to be an angry person. Actually, there are times that I should be angry that I'm not--whether it's cowardice or apathy, I'm not sure. The past week has been difficult for us, and gave me an occasion to attempt to be Christlike in a situation that demanded I be angry.

We're living in the base Temporary Lodging Facility (TLF) until our house is ready late this month. The TLF is very appealing to the eye (and the wallet)--recently remodeled, two-bedroom, full kitchen and laundry. But the monsters come out at night--it's infested with earwigs, a black, beetle looking bug with a pincher at the tail. It's mating season and each morning we find them in the children's beds, in the towels, all over.

I've requested pesticide treatment three times--nobody has shown. I've gone through a can of Raid, a bottle of Ortho, and 3 fumigators, but military bugs die hard. Last night, with Kristin in tears, we woke the children up and checked into an off-base motel about midnight.

Today I filed a formal complaint and met with lodging management. I was able to communicate with controlled anger--I didn't blow up and I didn't back-down. They promise that the bug guy will come tomorrow. I pray he will.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear you and your family are having to go through this. I hope the problem is resolved quickly, easily and permanently!

Tim said...

Thanks Melene. I had to elevate the problem to finally resolve it; the bug man finally came and sprayed today!

Valerie (Kyriosity) said...

You know, if you only have the time displayed with your comments, no one will know what "today" was referring to. You can change that setting if you go into Blogger and click Settings > Comments; scroll down to "Comments Timestamp Format" and select a more informative option.

Tim said...

Comments now have date and time. Thanks, Valerie

Valerie (Kyriosity) said...

Thanks! :-)