Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Talking to My Windshield

I'm in Seattle for a couple of meetings with Boeing and I ran into my Mormon co-worker that I've mentioned in previous posts. He needed a ride around town and so we spent an hour together this evening negotiating Seattle traffic.

I've been praying for something like this. During our time together I was able to stammer through a presentation of the Gospel according to the Bible (again) and piece together an argument for why direct revelation ceased with the close of the biblical canon.

I do not consider persuasion one of my gifts, and trust that God can not only work through my many weaknesses, but despite them! Yet, as far as I could tell, I was talking to my windshield.

Gotta think how patient God is with me and 'go and do likewise.'

No comments: